The Regions' Legends

A pokemon epic fanfic development forum.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Two teenage friends in Gotham City, Anna Murphy and Paul Anderson, walk into a dark alley to investigate a sound. They are kidnapped by Scarecrow to test a new fear toxin to which Batman has no cure. That toxin also tricks other parts of the brain so that if someone thinks they’re drowning, their body reacts accordingly and they asphyxiate, and someone who thinks they’re being stabbed with a needle actually feels that pain. It also can give people fears, something exhaustively tested.
Paul dies from the stress of it, but Anna lives to be rescued by Batman, only for that to turn against her; her mind has been permanently changed by constant exposure to the fear toxins, and she sees Batman as a terrifying monster. Because of this he is forced to take her to Arkham. Anna’s body is constantly under the effects of adrenaline, to the point where she cannot function without it, but she also hallucinates constantly and all of her senses are much stronger than before, and her sense of pain is dulled. She seeks revenge on Scarecrow for destroying her mind and killing her friend, but has other dramas with being in Arkham, having her heightened senses, being unable to recognise family or friends, dealing with constant hallucinations, and vacillating between being afraid of something and completely indifferent to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:03 pm

Are we going to use the entire Rogues' Gallery, or just Scarecrow in this? And how long are you planning for it to be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://felicitydream.wix.com/felicitydreamfanfics
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:59 pm

I don't know the answer to either of those questions, but considering we both really like some of the others, I have a feeling we'll find a way to work them in. I just had this idea a few hours before I shared it with you, and I didn't really develop it much beyond that outline and their names. Oh, and a crazy idea when I realised 'Murphy' was a whole lot like 'Morphy' and 'Anna' was similar to 'Anderssen'...

That plan is chess motifs, because I am a geek.

Anna Murphy - Paul Morphy
Paul Anderson - Adolf Anderssen

Morphy and Anderssen were two of the greatest chess players before the FIDE world champion was official. Morphy came over from America, where he soundly beat everyone, to play with Anderssen. He and Anderssen had a huge tournament which Morphy eventually won because he found the reasons he and Anderssen each had been winning their games so far; Three Golden Rules of chess. He applied them to his games and won the tournament, therefore being considered the best player of the time. However he then retired from chess, fulfilled in having found someone who could beat him, and Anderssen was once again considered the best.

Anna, or maybe Ada, has parallels with Morphy and Paul has parallels with Anderssen. Anna survives (winning that tournament), but having survived completely broke her and Paul was better off as he died before the ordeal was over and didn't have to go through as much as Anna (ultimately being the better player).

What I also wanted to try to do (I just decided to do this for no reason other than fun) is to have the ten fear toxin tests, like the ten games they played in that tournament. Morphy won 8-3 (he had seven wins, two draws and two losses). The two draws and the two losses happened first (I need to check in exactly which order) but basically, Anna was drawing and losing to Paul in terms of how she was taking it until he died, which is when her 'seven wins' take place. You can also do multiples to stretch out the timeframe and amount of toxin she takes; four losses, four draws, fourteen wins (I actually like that; 4 is death symbolism (TV tropes)).

There was also the greatest European player at the time, supposedly; the one better than Anderssen, Howard Staunton. Morphy never got to play him, and he was accused of avoiding the match with him. I want to see if I can parallel Staunton with either the Scarecrow himself or Batman.

*shrugs* This is all just an idea and can go out the window if you want. I'ts mostly subconscious stuff that I'm just filling in on the spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:47 am

It could work out, I think. As for "Staunton", sounds more like Scarecrow because there's really no link with Paul and Batman to justify it the other way.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:48 am

Wait, so I'm allowed to keep my crazy geeky chess motifs? Hehe, yay! Ooh, I can make them play blindfold chess, and make references to the Opera House game and the Immortal Game! I can't wait to write those scenes! Ah, I am going to have so much fun with this! ...You may find yourself regretting allowing me to do this.

...That laugh of glee sounded like the Joker's. I should probably stop watching Batman. God damn it, this fanfic idea has obsessed me! Aaaaaand I have officially relapsed into the Batman fandom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 pm

XD Go right ahead~ I'd probably cheer you on.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Okay, serious business time. How do you think we should do Anna and Paul? Age-wise I was thinking 14/15.

Paul I had as more the steady, responsible, gets straight A's guy. Mild but insightful sort of person. Like that one person who manages to be very athletic, very studious and very social all at once and still managing to have time to sleep and develop his hobbies (chess being one of them).

Anna I had as more the Brilliant But Lazy type, who has her hobbies (chess being one of them) but only puts a lot of effort into the ones she really cares about, and can't be bothered about school or anything like that at all. She, unlike Paul, has issues with forgiveness and has more of a temper on her.

Do you have any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am

They sound both fine to me. I haven't had anything pop up in mind as for ideas, but I like the outline you have for both characters. I've written both of those character types, so I'm perfectly fine writing either XD

The only thing that comes to mind is that this strangely reminds me of the Saw movies, and I'm tempted to write in a few things like that, lol.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:47 am

What do you mean by that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

Well when you mentioned that whole fear toxin tests before, the Saw movies popped into my head. I was thinking about setting and when and where this story takes place, so I was thinking this could take place during Batman: Arkham Knight, and while the rest of the civilian population was evacuated, Paul and Anna gets left behind in Gotham. Scarecrow finds them and your fear toxin chess tournament happens, but afterwards (when Paul's dead), Anna escapes but is still trapped in Gotham with the criminals.

In the Saw movies, the main character of each usually has to go through a series of tests before the end, so we could utilize the others Rogues in this way, where Anna continually runs into them and ends up in some kind of "test" like she had with Paul with Scarecrow and ends up "winning" and escaping. Like in the Saw movies, the character learns something about themselves and what they're capable and they should see as right, Anna could learn from the encounters to get back at Scarecrow (although honestly they're also just making her lose her mind more).

I don't even know if that made any sense XD
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:17 pm

It does make sense! Sounds a lot like an anime my friend watches.

If I could ask, though, I would like to incorporate Arkham Asylum. Because of her hallucinations, increased senses and greater tendency to violence, others would clearly find her insane (and after what happened with Scarecrow she's definitely going through a sanity slippage). If I were Anna, my reaction to being called crazy in that situation would be that it wasn't my fault, that the Scarecrow did this to me, that I'm not insane, and that it's all the fear toxin. And also her being saved late and taken to Arkham by Batman is fodder for 'prospective villains, blame Batman for all your troubles!'

Oh, if that happens during Arkham Knight, then we don't get to see any of their friends... Awww, I was looking forward to writing Alex. Is there a way we could incorporate that test idea (I kind of like it!) but in a more normal Gotham continuity? Although really, a 'normal' Gotham sounds odd enough as it is...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:45 pm

And just in case my documents disappear, here are the character brainstorms.

Anna Murphy - A brilliant but lazy girl who is considered a wild card, possessing a bit of temper and a penchant for holding grudges. Though quite clever she couldn’t care less about school, instead preferring to develop her hobbies, namely chess and photography. After the fear toxins, when she sees things through a camera lens, her hallucinations stop entirely. Her worst fear is drowning. Her parents try to support her, but their relationship is so strained Anna can barely remember them after her ordeal. Based off of Paul Morphy.

Paul Anderson - A steady, responsible guy who always smiles, is always peaceful and always, always gets straight A’s. He’s the type who manages to be very athletic, very studious and very social all at once and still manages to have time to sleep and develop his hobbies, chess being one of them. His worst fear is failure. He has no siblings, but both his parents are high achievers in their fields (mother (Chelsea Evergreen); neuroscience, father (Carl Anderson); business). Stress and overexposure to fear toxin killed him. He is American, though his mother has family in Germany. Based off of Adolf Anderssen.

Louisa Katz - A sweet and somewhat naive girl who was good friends with Anna. She has at least eleven anaphylaxis, and lends her EpiPen to Anna. Because of her beauty and charisma she is good at accidentally manipulating people. Her doting parents, who are fairly well off, are extremely protective of her and her elder brother, Cecil, to the point of sheltering her. She is German-Italian. Louisa's worst fear is being in a war-zone. Based off of Louis Paulsen.

Alex Beaufort - An egregiously geeky but supremely clever boy with a knack for computers, video games and a very high nerd street credentials. When Paul and Anna disappeared he learned how to hack in order to find them. His worst fear is snakes. His father doesn’t know how to deal with his two intellectual sons, though he tries his best, and Alex's little brother is an intellectual genius with ’no time for games’ who constantly overshadows him. His mother has been in a coma ever since he was young. He is American. Based off of Alexander Beaufort Meek.

Martha Lowenthal  - A very large and muscled girl, with incredible strength and voracious cunning. Anna saved her from depression and eventual suicide, caused by her dysfunctional family. Her parents are divorced, and she has two elder sisters, Joan and Hannah, both of whom cause trouble. Anna helped Martha get into a boxing club that helped her work past her feelings. Since then Martha has been incredibly loyal to Anna. Martha is Hungarian-Jewish, and her worst fear is experiencing what happened to her great-grandparents in Auschwitz. Based off of Johann Löwenthal.

Last edited by ParallelDimension75 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 pm

Do you mean Arkham Asylum the game or the actual asylum that you want to include? And yeah, we can do a normal Gotham continuity as well. It'll probably be easier -all the villains are out and loose in Gotham, and free to be used at will.

Or have you seen Batman: Assault on Arkham? One of the best Batman animated films, I'd say, and if you haven't seen it you really should Very Happy. I'd like to incorporate it somehow. It takes place after Batman: Arkham Origins, but two years before Arkham Asylum. So Anna would have been tortured by Scarecrow sometime before this movie, and would be in Arkham currently when the events of the movie takes place -during it, there's a breakout in Arkham, so she could have possibly escaped then with some others. She gets obsessed with hunting down Scarecrow and getting revenge, but ends up dealing with the "tests idea" since some of the other villains had escaped as well.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:05 am

I meant the actual asylum Very Happy. I haven't seen that movie yet; I've been trying to find it online.

What do you think is the best path to go? I think normal Gotham continuity gives us the most freedom and flexibility, but I don't know the full merits of the other options.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:05 am

Fantastic movie (if rather graphic, which is expected given the focus is on the Suicide Squad).

Either path is good. Normal Gotham continuity does, however we also have to think about where we're going with it more and what exactly will be be putting in. The other options will give us a tighter and more sense of a timeline and story, but I'm not fully familiar with the games and like you said, you aren't familiar with some other aspects. Pros and cons for either way. Just something we'll have to muse on, I suppose?
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:02 am

Maybe we should try come up with a timeline?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:38 pm

We probably should. That's why I was trying with the suggestion of games/movie, so maybe we'd have a form of setting in place. Any other suggestions? Maybe an entirely original timeline?
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:11 am

I meant a timeline for events of the story, so we know what we want to have happen and pick a timeline which fits that.

I'd prefer empowered Poison Ivy, for instance, and a more human than beast Killer Croc (I think he's adorable. Sue me).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Yeah, I know. That was what I was saying, trying to get something in place so we could know when and where happens. Like you were talking about the fear toxin place and Anna being placed in Arkham, so I was trying to fit in something that makes sense and we can work as a guideline with. But it seems like an entirely original sense of a timeline that's pretty freeform is what you're leaning to. Hence we have three pieces of set events: Anna and Paul vs. Scarecrow and the fear toxins, Anna going to/in Arkham, and then the "Rogues tests." We could use those to fit into a continuity timeline like I've been suggesting, or go completely original and just have it be a separate piece from any of the continuities (and where we can just pick and choose from any of those of things we'd like to use into the story).

Empowered Poison Ivy is great, so fine with me. As for Killer Croc (do you mean physically or behaviorally?), I don't mind that at all. I think the Killer Croc from the Suicide Squad movie looks pretty good, so I'm probably going to be picturing him.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:33 am

Killer Croc -> Behaviorally. The first comic I read him in he was like that, and I really liked him in that comic.

I think we just need to pick and choose what we want, to be honest.

How about we figure out what the rest of the tests are? Shay did give me an idea for the Joker one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:35 am

Okay, sounds good to me.

We can just pick and choose then. It'll give us more free reign, I suppose.

And yeah, that's a good idea. We do need to figure which and how many of the Rogues are we using, and then figure out the tests from there. The Joker one is good, though then since they're supposed to be for Anna, maybe her friend somehow got sucked into it on accident so that they're included there?
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Okay. So, the rogues capable of coming up with the tests (those like Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy and Amygdala are, for example, probably unable, even with KC being more human).

I would say at least Joker (+Harley), Poison Ivy, Two-Face, Penguin and The Riddler. Maybe Mr Freeze. All the super famous guys. Hugo Strange and the two Al Ghul's might not fit so well, and The Scarecrow is not applicable (probably, idk. I'd like to have Martha come in contact with fear gas).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Yeah, I'd agree with those (I'm iffy on Mr. Freeze though, but we'll just see if we can come up with something). Do we decide on what incarnation of them we use i.e. like using Nolan-verse!Joker, Gotham-verse!Penguin, etc.?

If you want Martha to come in contact with the toxin, maybe there was a vial left somewhere, or one of the other Rogues used it on her. Something like that?
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:56 pm

I was iffy on Freeze too; I was wondering if maybe you had an idea for him.

Unless you have any specific inclinations otherwise, I think we'd just use the classic versions of each of the villains. I might start leaning towards Long Halloween with Scarecrow and Riddler so tell me when I do!

One of the other Rogues could; especially Riddler. Maybe in his test (which is probably going to be one of his maze death trap things) he could have a fear toxin trap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)   

Back to top Go down

Epinephrine (Batman Fanfiction)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1