The Regions' Legends

A pokemon epic fanfic development forum.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fabelle Aspeth

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Fabelle Aspeth   Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Fabelle Aspeth

Also known as: The Grim Reaper, The Reaper
Hair: Black, glossy and wavy (previously light brown).
Eyes: Black iris, flash silvery-grey when using power (previously ice blue).
Skin Tone: Pale, almost white (previously light).
Build: Slight and short like a child, thin and bony. Her face is jarring to many because it is sharp, angular, severe and quite adult, and she carries herself with an adult maturity and sureness.

History:
A long, long time ago, Fabelle lived. Fabelle’s parents were mystics. They were soothsayers and healers. Her mother, Ridelle, possessed a Xatu, while her father, Stero, was partnered with a Alakazam. Fabelle lived a peaceful life, learning herbalism and how to read the future using her psychic gift, until the day she was hypnotised and kidnapped by a rogue Hypno when she was eight years old. The Hypno sent her to sleep and devoured her nightmares, unwittingly giving Fabelle the ability to commune with the Spirit World through nightmares. The Hypno was chased away by Stero, who with the aid of Alakazam, had teleported to his daughter.
Since then, she was plagued with constant terrible nightmares. After each one, she, her father or mother would Psychically witness the death of a person.
At age ten, she became best friends with a Gothorita. The Gothorita hypnotised her because she wanted a playmate, and the two became good friends after that. Training together with Fabelle’s Psychic power, the Gothorita eventually evolved into Gothitelle one year later.
A year after her evolution, Gothitelle looked into the stars one night and foresaw the easy death of Fabelle at the hands of age. Content with the knowledge that her good friend would live for a long time, Gothitelle went to see her. However, a group called the Shadow Alliance, seeking to be rid of the Psychics making predictions of their plans on the king, swept in and using Dark types, altered the prediction. Gothitelle rushed to save her friend, and in some mad twist of fate, arrived just too late; Fabelle’s parents’ throats were slashed, Xatu lying dead with it’s wings hacked off, and Fabelle herself was stabbed through the heart the moment Gothitelle arrived. In a fit of rage, Gothitelle killed her friend’s killer, his sword still stuck straight through her heart.
Gothitelle knew, just from seeing Fabelle’s lifeless form, that this was wrong. Fabelle was not supposed to have died that day. Desparate, Gothitelle Psychically latched on to Fabelle and tried to follow her spirit to the Spirit World, and bring her friend back from an unjust death.
Fabelle and Gothitelle were confronted by a Dusknoir and numerous ancient and powerful spirits. Gothitelle explained to him the nature of Fabelle’s death. Dusknoir looked over her soul, and alongside the judgement of the other spirits, decided Gothitelle was right and that Fabelle was not supposed to have died. He would let Fabelle return to the living world, but she would forever be a tool of the Spirits, a vassal of their world; her job would forever be, as an ageless reaper, to keep the balance. She will guide those souls unjustly trapped in the living world back to the spirit world, and remove lives which have overstayed their welcome, or tipped the scale too far one way. To help her on her never-ending quest, Dusknoir gave Fabelle Honedge; the fusion of the blade that killed her, and the spirit that had done the deed.
Fabelle, Honedge in hand and Gothitelle by her side, she sets out to return the lost souls of the world back to the Spirit World, and retain the balance. Now, however, the Shadow Alliance has caused too much evil and she has been called to remedy that. The journey to the Spirit World changed Fabelle and Gothitelle forever; her body is frozen at the age of twelve, however old her spirit may grow. Those few humans Fabelle encounters are usually very antagonistic, as they see her as someone who, on the surface, fraternisers with Ghost Pokémon, under the surface as a murderer, or overall, simply as creepy.

Basic overview:
Fabelle’s purpose is to collect lost souls, such as Yamask and Phantump trapped in this world and other loose spirits and return them to the Spirit World. However, her job is also to kill those who have stayed in this world too long, or who, in essence, have cheated death. Because of her death and return, her body will never age, no matter how old her spirit may grow. Her Psychic gift is warped and twisted by the nature of the Spirit World, and everyone, even her closest friends, will agree that she is not truly human. The Spirit World can commune with her through them, and the spirits tell her who to kill, and her powers will give her a sense of where that person is and how to find them. Through nightmares and visions, she knows who her next target is. Her living body cannot be killed, nor her soul removed from it. Fabelle wants to die, to have her soul go back to the Spirit World and stay there. But if she does, who will keep the balance? If the balance isn’t kept, the Veil could tear, and death would mesh with life and chaos would destroy the world. So her job is pretty important. The universe can keep order itself, but it is difficult. One such attempt was Aegislash. There was too much evil and death, so Aegislash was created to bring more life and good back. But as a ghost, it itself creates imbalance.

Personality:
She is very caring and is stifled by the tasks she has to achieve. She has learnt to keep herself in a state of indifference, but still cares deeply for each and every Pokémon and each and every spirit, and seeks forgiveness and clemency for them all. However, she appears to many as a merciless and ruthless hunter. Her wrath, though difficult to incur, is terrible. She is, however, very stubborn. Her goal is to free herself from the bind of the Spirit World and finally put her soul to rest. She dislikes using her own power, preferring to rely on her newly evolved Doublade, Mord.

Fabelle Quote: There are no preordained times for life and death. Life simply occurs. Any life shall tip the balance between spirit and life in the living world. Any spirit overstaying it’s welcome, in essence, staying too long in the living world, puts strain on the balance. That is the first balance that I am bound to maintain. The second is the balance between good and evil. Many spirits becomes aligned towards one, but a majority remain ineffectual. The actions that you take in this life affect the balance of the two forces in the world, and when too much good is in the world, some of it must die. The same with evil. Ineffectual lives can be taken and replaced without thought or worry. But both balances must be maintained.

Her team -
Loraine - Her partner, Gothitelle. Her ability is Competitive. She is relentlessly loyal to Fabelle, and very no-nonsense. Though neurotic and paranoid, she is calm, vigilant and collected. She can’t take a joke, and gets irritated with Fabelle’s daydreaming. She can use the moves Psychic, Heal Block, Shadow Ball and Heal Pulse.
Mord - Her would-be killer, now a Doublade. His ability is No Guard. He literally acts as Fabelle’s sword. Since his journey through the Spirit World and place in Fabelle’s company, he has changed. In life, he was dutiful, obedient and merciless. In death, he is merciful, kind, pacifistic and repentant, but unafraid to think for himself. Though mistrusted by Gothitelle, both know that he is sincere. He is one of the few Ghost types with telepathy. He refuses, at all costs, to come in contact with a Dusk Stone and evolve. He can use the moves Sacred Sword, Iron Head, Shadow Claw and Flash Cannon.
Garn - The other half of Doublade. When Mord split in half, the other became Garn, a snarky, clever strategist. Garn does much of the thinking for the team, but he is the minor subset and talks through Mord.  
Rev - Now a Trevenant, once upon a time the wandering soul of a child who got lost in the forest. It’s ability is Harvest. No longer remembering who it was, only how it died, it decided to help Fabelle in her mission to restore all the lost souls back to the Spirit World so that none others will end up like it. Rev is optimistic, hopeful and faithful that they can find a true final solution to the creation of unwilling Ghost types. Bright and stoic at the same time, Rev faces any situation with a deadly determination and optimism to the end. The tough guy, all strong and silent but really a big softie inside. It can use the moves Leech Seed, Phantom Force, Horn Leech and Wood Hammer.
Amari - A Cofagrigus, it’s ability, of course, Mummy. Negative, pessimistic, cynical and brash, it cannot see the good side in anything and complains loudly and constantly. However, when told ‘if you don’t like it, just leave’ it will always tag along, and proves one of Fabelle’s most loyal companions. Cofagrigus’s Yamask form used to be a girl who dreamt to be a warrior, but when war actually struck when she was young, she was but another innocent civilian killed in a conflict. It uses the moves Trick Room, Shadow Ball, Double Team and Protect.
Gawain - The first Spiritomb, it’s ability being Pressure. It can hear all the souls used to create it swirling in it’s mind, and only Loraine and Fabelle can quieten it. It’s forefront soul, an old knight by the name of Gawain, is the most prominent and powerful personality, and the youngest and most active soul. When first created, it wrecked havoc, trying to destroy itself and return to the Spirit World. It was instead bound to a keystone in this world, and since it others have come in a similar manner, made by older, quieter, more repressed souls. Gawain, however, seeks to break it’s keystone and finally return all of it’s souls. It is quite morbid, dark and violent, but brave and selfless. It can use Double Team, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis and Dream Eater.
Isolde - The first Froslass, a Pokémon so ancient that she has seen beyond the wars. Her ability is Cursed Body. She got lost in the mountains and froze to death, rising as a Pokémon. Sorrowful, but kind, quiet and loving, she is the mother of the team, and her unofficial job is to keep them all sane. She is, however, very moody and prone to extreme depressive phases. She can use Thunder, Shadow Ball, Blizzard and Wake-Up Slap.
Wanda - A supersize Gourgeist with the ability insomnia. Bubbly, bright, happy, and generally in a good mood, she is thankful to Fabelle for giving her existence purpose and swears to stay with her rather than go to the Spirit World. She herself knows the pain of being trapped in this world, and seeks to help put Fabelle’s soul to rest. She can use Trick-Or-Treat, Phantom Force, Seed Bomb and Explosion.
Judin - An Alakazam, previously belonging to Fabelle’s father. He was one of the few Alakazam who used to be human; when he was a boy, his Psychic powers overtook him and he became a Kadabra. Now, however, Psychic power is less overwhelming in humans and this no longer happens. He still considers Fabelle to be ‘the daughter’ and often tries to discipline her, acting strict, judgemental, harsh and overbearing. He does, however, care deeply about Fabelle. He uses Psychic, Kinesis, Miracle Eye and Teleport.

Last edited by ParallelDimension75 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fabelle Aspeth   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:27 am

Lol, I love how a few of Fabelle's pokemon also have Arthurian names. Merek's probably going to be embarrassed if he finds out, considering the Arthurian Legends are actually supposed to be a "thing" in that world, and he named his own pokemon after characters in those legends XD

I also adore how you made all of the pokemon have such a wonderful history, even having them be former humans. I like how you describe Fabelle, and she definitely sounds interesting. I still don't have a grasp on her yet, though I think that will become better once you start writing for her and I can see your vision of her and her story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://felicitydream.wix.com/felicitydreamfanfics
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fabelle Aspeth   Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:14 am

Eri wrote:
Lol, I love how a few of Fabelle's pokemon also have Arthurian names. Merek's probably going to be embarrassed if he finds out, considering the Arthurian Legends are actually supposed to be a "thing" in that world, and he named his own pokemon after characters in those legends XD

Yeah, I saw you doing it, and so I went; 'why the heck not?' and did it myself. With Mord, I had a bit of fun; Mord is for Mordred, and I took the 'red' out, changed it to 'Garnett' and shortened it to 'Garn'. When I explained it to my friend she actually shook me by the shoulders and went 'Stop with the crazy, intricate puns, child!'

Eri wrote:
I also adore how you made all of the pokemon have such a wonderful history, even having them be former humans.

I like that you enjoy that detail. Most of the Pokémon are actually chosen with that theme in mind; that's why this is her team. That brings me to a question; they don't have Poké Balls here, do they? So what, other than loyalty, is the way to guarantee Pokémon ownership? Probably just loyalty, but I'm making sure here.

Eri wrote:
I like how you describe Fabelle, and she definitely sounds interesting. I still don't have a grasp on her yet, though I think that will become better once you start writing for her and I can see your vision of her and her story.

I'm sure we'll have fun times writing Fabelle and Merek's interaction. Can't wait!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fabelle Aspeth   Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 am

I didn't catch the Garnett, but I was thinking that Mord probably stood for Mordred! I was thinking of Isolde, but most of my team is male, so I scratched that out. Glad to see is still being used though! I was also going to end up with using Tristan, but I used the actual character a lot in my Merlin fics, so I'm like eh...

It's a fantastic theme. I'm sure you'll even get to go really in depth with their histories and all, which will be interesting. No pokeballs, I think. I was wondering about that, but it sounds like there isn't any. Which must be horror for those around Merek, since he has all these large dragons around him XD The group must take up a lot of space...I'm guessing loyalty as well.

Me too! I'll have to catch you on somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://felicitydream.wix.com/felicitydreamfanfics
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fabelle Aspeth   Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:10 pm

And here's Fabelle. I actually drew her by accident when trying to do Raphael... He he...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fabelle Aspeth   

Back to top Go down

Fabelle Aspeth
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Regions' Legends :: Chosen By Aegislash :: Characters-
Jump to: