The Regions' Legends

A pokemon epic fanfic development forum.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gym Designs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Gym Designs   Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 am

Pewter Gym: Straight out battle with Brock.

Cerulean Gym: Learning or trying to learn how to swim from Misty, before being allowed a battle with her.

Vermilion Gym: Handouts of assignments for each trainer -they each have to research everything about the person in their file, and earn a right to battle Surge's gym. If they succeed in planning a kidnapping, they get to skip the trainers and battle Surge. If they get something unknown on Surge, they get a badge straight out.

Celadon Gym: The partner Pokémon of each trainer is put into a serious status condition, meaning paralysis or poisoning (because sleep wouldn’t make people worry out of battle). The only way to get the berry (Cheri or Pecha) is by allowing one of Erika’s Pokémon to put the trainer under the same condition and they must go through a very mild obstacle course to reach their Pokémon. Those who reach their Pokémon get the berries and the battle.

Fuchsia Gym: Battling through trainers and then to Janine.

Saffron Gym: Warp tiles or proof that you really do want a battle in the form of a mental 'fight' with a Psychic, in the sense that they have to go through a mental test of will. In a Psychic's case probably a literal mental fight.

Cinnabar Gym: Regular battle over the volcano.

Viridian Gym: Three floors, Labyrinth-styled maze; 1st floor: survivor-styled maze, where the walls move around and there's a set time of three days to get from one end to the other (exit in ceiling)(full of poisonous herbs, dangerous pokemon, etc. You enter with a survival book to help you). Second floor is easier to navigate and just run from one end to the other; the problem is the Tauros charging and then solving the puzzle at the end to get to the next level. 3rd floor is the last one, where there is a small bit of maze left, but a lot of trick ends and dead ends. After it leads straight to the battle arena.

Last edited by Eri on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:58 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://felicitydream.wix.com/felicitydreamfanfics
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:09 am

Fuchsia Gym is so far challenging a bunch of trainers to get to Janine like in the games. Sabrina is either the warp tiles or proof that you really do want a battle in the form of a mental 'fight' with a Psychic, in the sense that they have to go through a mental test of will. In a Psychic's case probably a literal mental fight. That's my prototype idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 am

" />
" />
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Eri suggested i put this up for you to see, Kieran. My argument for the battle with Brock.

[10/10/2015 10:27:36 am] ParallelDimension75: What do you think for Raphael’s Gym Battle?
[10/10/2015 10:28:05 am] Latios: I'm here but I have no opinion.
[10/10/2015 10:28:34 am] Eri Quin: I think it's alright, but you would know better since you're really into creating battles.
[10/10/2015 10:28:53 am] ParallelDimension75: I just don’t think it’s realistic that they are able to completely defeat Brock.
[10/10/2015 10:29:41 am] Latios: Their levels aren't mentioned, which makes it impossible to gauge.
[10/10/2015 10:29:52 am] Latios: At this point it's whatever makes for the best story.
[10/10/2015 10:29:59 am] ParallelDimension75: The anime takes realism a bit far with Ash; Pikachu beating Brock as he should have and beating Korrina’s Mega Lucario was farfetched for me. Especially considering that not to soon after Brock Pikachu looses terribly to Sabrina.
[10/10/2015 10:30:26 am] ParallelDimension75: [Raphael would] come off Mary Sue-ish if he easily wins battles. He’s supposed to be ‘the trainer’; it makes more sense for him to grow more in that regard.
[10/10/2015 10:30:54 am] Eri Quin: Hm, yeah.
[10/10/2015 10:31:09 am] Eri Quin: I guess.
[10/10/2015 10:31:30 am] Eri Quin: You could make this point on the forum so that Kieran can see, and maybe you two could work it out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:36 am

Whee, this was fun! But hard. Really hard. And time-consuming. Please say you like it and I shall be so happy. The plan with the two people down below the Gym Leader is that they have battles with the challengers, one after the other, while the Gym Leader watches and takes note. The challenger is fully entitled to heal between both battles and the official Leader challenge. In Janine's case, those two simply serve as her 'main' testers. The Gym trainers are automatically intermediate because they battle the trainer first to assess their skill; if the trainer’s easily swept, it’s easy. If the trainer is an even match, intermediate. If the trainer wins fairly easily, hard it is.

Key:
(E) - Easy
(M) - Intermediate
(H) - Hard

The Gym battle structure would be something along the lines of:

E - E, E, M (maybe)
M - E, E, M, M
H - E (maybe), E (maybe), M, M, H, H

With the variations depending on how many of each level the Gym Leader has.

---

PEWTER GYM
Brock:
Geodude: Tackle, Defence Curl, Rollout, Bulldoze (E)
Onix: Iron Tail, Harden, Rock Slide, Bind (E)
Graveler: Defense Curl, Rollout, Rock Slide, Earthquake (M)
Golem: Earthquake, Rock Polish, Defence Curl, Stone Edge (M)
Steelix: Iron Tail, Earthquake, Aqua Tail, Automotize (M)
Tyranitar: Payback, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch (H)
Omastar: Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Ice Beam (H)
Kabutops: Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Waterfall, Swords Dance (H)

Jerry:
Rhyhorn: Fury Attack, Horn Drill, Earthquake, Scary Face
Graveler: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Rock Throw, Rock Polish

Edna:
Graveler: Rollout, Defence Curl, Tackle, Rock Polish
Aerodactyl: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Fang, Wing Attack

CERULEAN GYM
Misty:
Staryu: Tackle, Water Gun, BubbleBeam, Recover (E)
Goldeen: Horn Attack, Water Pulse, Supersonic, Ice Beam (E)
Starmie: Water Pulse, Psychic, Confuse Ray, Recover (M)
Golduck: Water Pulse, Psychic, Disable, Psych Up (M)
Gyarados: Aqua Tail, Bounce, Earthquake, Dragon Dance (H)
Lapras: Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Body Slam, Perish Song (H)
Togekiss: Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, Air Slash (H)

Diana:
Psyduck: Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail, Screech, Disable
Seaking: Waterfall, Fury Attack, Agility, Aqua Ring

Parker:
Seadra: Agility, Brine, Twister, Focus Energy
Kingdra: Scald, Dragon Pulse, Leer, Smokescreen

VERMILLION GYM
Lt. Surge:
Pikachu: Thundershock, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Growl (E)
Voltorb: Thunder Wave, Shock Wave, Double Team, Screech (E)
Raichu: Thunderbolt, Mega Kick, Double Team, Grass Knot (M)
Magneton: Supersonic, Double Team, Mirror Shot, Shock Wave (M)
Electabuzz: Light Screen, Thunder Punch, Quick Attack, Low Kick (M)
Electrode: Thunderbolt, Explosion, Electro Ball, Magnet Rise (H)
Magnezone: Zap Cannon, Flash Cannon, Magnet Rise, Metal Sound (H)
Electivire: Thunderbolt, Ice Punch, Earthquake, Cross Chop (H)

Vincent:
Magneton: Zap Cannon, Double Team, Swift, Mirror Shot
Electrode: Thunder Wave, Shock Wave, Double Team, Light Screen

Bailey:
Manectric: Discharge, Thunder Wave, Bite, Quick Attack
Ampharos: Discharge, Power Gem, Confuse Ray, Charge  

CELADON GYM
Erika:
Tangela: Vine Whip, Mega Drain, Constrict, Bind (E)
Bellsprout: Razor Leaf, Acid, Mega Drain, Stun Spore (E)
Gloom: Acid, Petal Dance, Mega Drain, Poison Powder (M)
Victreebel: Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Poison Powder, Venoshock (M)
Jumpluff: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, U-Turn, Aerial Ace (M)
Bellosom: Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Synthesis, Giga Drain (H)
Vileplume: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Sludge Bomb (H)
Tangrowth: Power Whip, Ancient Power, Earthquake, Swords Dance (H)

Joe:
Weepinbell: Acid, Razor Leaf, Stun Spore, Poison Powder
Gloom: Toxic, Giga Drain, Moonlight, Lucky Chant

Michelle:
Jumpluff: Bullet Seed, Acrobatics, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
Parasect: Growth, Slash, Spore, Fury Cutter

FUCHSIA GYM
Janine:
Venonat: Signal Beam, Toxic Spikes, Confusion, Tackle (E)
Koffing: Tackle, Venoshock, Toxic, Assurance (E)
Ariados: Poison Jab, Pin Missile, Dig, Agility (M)
Golbat: Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Supersonic, Poison Fang (M)
Bisharp: Poison Jab, Night Slash, Iron Head, Aerial Ace (M)
Weezing: Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, Explosion, Dark Pulse (H)
Crobat: Shadow Ball, Cross Poison, Acrobatics, Steel Wing (H)
Greninja: Gunk Shot, Dig, Water Shuriken, Night Slash (H)

Barry:
Nidorino: Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Poison Tail, Take Down
Nidorina: Bite, Fury Swipes, Poison Tail, Double Kick

Cindy:
Arbok: Acid Spray, Mud Bomb, Crunch, Glare
Venusaur: Petal Dance, Double-Edge, Growth, Sludge Bomb

SAFFRON GYM
Sabrina:
Abra: Teleport, Flash, Psychic, Barrier (E)
Kadabra: Disable, Psychic, Kinesis, Dazzling Gleam (E)
Hypno: Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind (M)
Reuniclus: Psychic, Recover, Endeavour, Heal Block (M)
Alakazam: Psychic, Reflect, Recover, Focus Blast (H)
Espeon: Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Swift (H)
Venomoth: Quiver Dance, Psychic, Bug Buzz, Stun Spore (H)

Doris:
Exeggutor: Psychic, Energy Ball, Sleep Powder, Dream Eater
Slowbro: Scald, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Focus Blast

Darcy:
Mr. Mime: Psychic, Thunder, Reflect, Light Screen
Haunter: Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Night Shade, Sludge Bomb

CINNABAR GYM
Blaine:
Ponyta: Tail Whip, Stomp, Growl, Fire Spin (E)
Growlithe: Ember, Leer, Take Down, Agility (E)
Magmar: Fire Blast, Thunder Punch, Low Kick, Confuse Ray (M)
Rhydon: Thunder Punch, Fire Punch, Drill Run, Rock Blast (M)
Rapidash: Quick Attack, Bounce, Fire Blast, Flare Blitz (H)
Arcanine: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Bite, Take Down (H)
Ninetales: Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Nasty Plot (H)

Avery:
Vulpix: Extrasensory, Flamethrower, Safeguard, Will-O-Wisp
Torkoal: Iron Defence, Flamethrower, Body Slam, Protect

Daniel:
Camerupt: Eruption, Earthquake, Solar Beam, Sunny Day
Magmar: Lava Plume, Confuse Ray, Clear Smog, Fireblast

VIRIDIAN GYM
Giovanni:
Rhyhorn: Stomp, Horn Attack, Rock Blast, Scary Face (E(Technically))
Rhydon: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Horn Drill, Fissure (M(Technically))
Rhyperior: Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Megahorn, Drill Run (H)
Marowak: Bonemerang, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, Outrage (H)
Nidoking: Megahorn, Earthquake, Sludge Wave, Thrash (H)
Nidoqueen: Double Kick, Earthquake, Poison Tail, Body Slam (H)
Kangaskhan: Outrage, Dizzy Punch, Sucker Punch, Leer (H)

Sam:
Sandshrew: Swords Dance, Slash, Dig, Fury Cutter
Tauros: Zen Headbutt, Horn Attack, Work Up, Scary Face

Takeshi:
Machoke: Dual Chop, Submission, Low Sweep, Revenge
Machamp: Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Poison Jab, Payback

Last edited by ParallelDimension75 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:54 am; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:46 am

Maia, thanks for doing this and working hard for it. I do have a few points to make though.

1. Due to the fossil plot, I don't think there should be an Aerodactyl, Omastar, or Kabutops (etc.) in any of the lineup, until the fossil machine and all becomes public and is used.

2. I maintain that pokemon realistically shouldn't be held back by four moves. However, I will allow in the instances of gym battles that they are restricted to four for you.

3. Blue's the Champion, remember? Therefore not in charge of the Viridian Gym. Giovanni still is. Aside from the fact, I've always traditionally used Bulbapedia to give canon characters their usual, common party already (I'm raising my eyebrow a bit at you for actually having to tell me this, especially since I'm the one who writes canon characters most of time and try to avoid OCs), this is what I've always had Giovanni's main party lineup (usually just his gym party):
Kingler
Rhydon
Golem
Cloyster
Beedrill
Machamp
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks very much, Eri! I'll work on them right away!

1. Okay... Is there anyway he could have them, i.e he was given them from the results of an experiment, etcetera? That's just his overall team; he'd use one of them, Rhydon and Golem in a Gym Battle for high level trainers, but many of those had already completed his Gym when they were weaker. So they'd rarely come out. I'll prepare spares, just in case, but I would prefer to have those guys there.

2. I maintain the four move limit, and Gym Leaders would have it anyway.

3. Blaaaarrgh, damn my sick, tired brain. I don't know why I wrote Blue... In any case! I meant for move sets, go to  Bulbapedia and mix and match between all sets that Pokémon has had with that Gym Leader; that's what I did for all the rest. One teensy problem with that as a Gym lineup is that... it's kinda... not Ground Type. Beedrill has never been in any of his lineups as far as I can see, and the only one in that team who was ever in the original Gym battles is Rhydon. Finally; where's Persian?! Where's Nidoking?! Two of his signature Pokémon! You are welcome to have Cloyster, Machamp and the others as his TR Pokémon or side Pokémon, but the set I've done above is his Gym Leader set, going with what you'd face in the games (minus Dugtrio because there is no way one of the most badass Gym Leaders of all time and the leader of TR is having a Dugtrio, ever).

I am ready and waiting to take all the yelling and dissatisfaction that you probably have in store.

Edit: Oh yeah, one question; does Blue know Giovanni is in TR? From the dialogue about him being a jerk and it being his fault it seems so. If that's the case... how does no one else know? And if they do, how the heck is he still a Gym Leader?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:57 pm

1. That's actually fine. I like that idea. And it can tie into the plot somehow, since Brock has those two pokemon and Pewter has that museum.

2. Four limit, gym battles only. I have to put my foot down on this. We've had it the other way since the beginning, and never set a limit for the pokemon until you've brought it up recently. I dislike the idea of a limit and wholeheartedly refuse it.

3. As much as I love Persian as Giovanni's pokemon, it's not going to be in his gym party. Ever. Persian is more of a personal/Rocket pokemon. Rhydon, Cloyster, Machamp are all pokemon he's used in the anime as part of his gym pokemon and several other pokemon mediums. Nidoking as one of his sigs would go into his Rocket party, but can go in as a gym pokemon too (in my notes I forgot it was one of the pokemon that doubled as gym and personal). Beedrill is there (from Pokemon Adventures manga) because of the background of it and relating to Giovanni's backstory. Actually, Beedrill is supposed to be in his TR party, but I forgot about that. The lineup I had up is the one I set for another story of mine, but I had another lineup specifically that he was supposed to use against Leaf:
• Golem
• Rhydon
• Nidoking
• Nidoqueen
• Machamp
• Kingler
But what you have is fine. It could be his new lineup or whatever, be more ground-type or something. Just no Persian.

EDIT: About Blue knowing, he doesn't have enough credibility, especially against someone like Giovanni. But if Leaf had said something...if you remember the bonus scene I wrote a long time ago: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A2hEExnzfJ-wu6mzupiDChbNkDK9C6QemrJFvF87DVs/edit
Also, I've been hinting through everything I write that Giovanni's had enough power and people in important places in his pocket that he could practically get away with murder in a way. There's also that, I think I said before, that Team Rocket is used by even the government, etc. and so the Team's left alone.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:48 pm

1. Okay, yay!

2. Blargh, fine. But, Pokémon would be most practiced/skilled with four moves and generally rely on those. Meaning, Sonia's Zorua would still be able to use Fake Tears way later on, but it would be much less effective as she's out of practice, and four could be the scientific sweet spot for getting the most out of a move.

3. It's just the gym lineup, he has all the others but doesn't use them in battles. I'll take Persian out! Don't worry! He was only in there because he's used one in a lot of battles; please don't yell...!

On the Blue thing, woah, Kanto is more stuffed up and corrupt than I thought... Good to know. Side note, you never reviewed Sonia's new chapter or Kenitoh's new SK chapter.

Glad I've managed to make everyone happy (somehow, because it ain't my forte).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eri
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:01 am

2. I'm leaning okay with it. I say that's in a "general consensus" in the scientific community in the pokemon world, but not an absolute ruling.

3. Like I said, what you had was fine and I can work around it and form a story with it anyhow. Not yelling about Persian, just being plain and firm about that.

On Blue, oh yeah. I headcanon all that across the board, because why else would Giovanni not be arrested or mentioned as the boss of Team Rocket by now in at least the anime, where it implies he was found out by at least Ash and co.? They didn't say anything either, etc. I simply think he really has too much power and too many people on his side XD As for reviewing Sonia's new chapter or Kenitoh's, sorry I haven't gotten around to really reading beside a skim or what I'd commented beforehand in the Skype. October's been a busy month for me, especially since it's like...four different writing contests and five different writing pieces to finish off and submit? I have two more stories to focus on and finish off, but by the end of the month I'll be done for sure and I'll be getting a new computer.
Back to top Go down
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:00 am

2. Yay, compromise!!

3. Well the 'As much as I love Persian as Giovanni's pokemon, it's not going to be in his gym party. Ever' was kind of scary to my drugged-up-lightheaded-and-otherwise-beleaguered brain. I don't know. Sorry.

And totally understandable. Looks like Halloween (or Samhain) is going to be a festival for all us Regions Legends folk for our own reasons! The Day The Empress Returned, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ParallelDimension75
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gym Designs   Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Just for reference:

AVERAGE TRAINER
Brock - 4
Misty - 4
Surge - 5
Erika - 6
Janine - 6